
I find this hotpad to be such a thing of beauty!
Possibly because I crochet and know that HOURS of work went into this small item.
THGGM's grandmother made it, or maybe it was her sister.
She had a dearly loved sister who lived in California. They both sewed and crocheted and made stuff to send to each other.

I like it so much I've put it under glass.
These two sister's also made Barbie Doll clothes and sent them to each other.
Daughter had a large box full of some of the strangest looking Barbie clothes imaginable. Not a thing in it was to her liking, she who was NOT into Barbies.
So, once while cleaning her room, she threw them all away.
I also thought them hideous, at the time. But they were profoundly vintage, and I think by now, if I still had them, I'd have vintagely dressed Barbies sitting all over my house, holding small things and sitting stiff-legged on book shelves while dressed in bits of old silk, satin and textured polyester.

1 comment:
That is a gorgeous hot pad!! I love to crochet tooo....
Post a Comment