Monday, June 26, 2006

For Extra Pep

About thirty years ago, THGGM's grandmother gave me this Orphan Annie Ovaltine 'shaker'.

I have had the hardest time liking it, due to it's extreme contrast of color.

Where DOES one put something that is aqua and orange?

I've gotten over my fear of weird color combinations (somewhat) and it sits in a place of honor in my primary color kitchen.

Again, I LOVE the picture.

And, we have a family story involving those two words 'Orphan Annie' which can make THGGM totally dissolve in fits of laughter. I didn't find it funny at all, so it isn't a 'you had to be there' sort of story, because I WAS there, and I still didn't find it funny. But it sure does make HIM laugh.

What would a family be without those kind of stories???

What it reminds me of, is my favorite Orphan Annie quote:

"Beneath the surface of today lies yesterday."

No comments: