Friday, June 23, 2006

My Backyard


It's a gorgeous June day here.

Perfect for quilt washing.

I don't believe that there is anything that smells better than lined dried bedding.

Well, except for sweaty baby heads.
There is always the problem of birds when one hangs their bedding under trees.

Oh well.

Into each life some...

...bird poop must fall.

Or, something like that anyway.
This is to prove that I truly cannot get things to grow in my backyard.

These are painfully poky pesky thistles.

Back when I didn't know what it was, I let one grow to over six feet tall. Apparently, as it grew it sent out shoots all over my backyard.

They are everywhere.

Yet, even this horribly annoying plant is having problems in my backyard.

If you look closely, you will see that it is FULL of ants.

This year it looks like even my weeds won't be flowering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the picture of the quilts!

Anonymous said...

You have some gorgeous quilts!!!

Ants are no fun...we have fire ants here to constantly try to control...they never go entirely away...but you can slow them down.

Judy said...

The smallest quilt I bought about 10 years ago, to put away for eventual grandchildren.

The two next to it were clearence items at Cracker Barrel. They were five dollars a piece.

The big one in the back was a clearence quilt too.

They are just SO nice to have around!