I have a new wicker chair that I put on my front steps ... it is an uncovered area, so it quickly has aged and become quite old and primitive looking. It's rather comfortable, welcoming, shabby -and just looking at it brings me a sense of peace and rest - a welcome to our home, our haven away from the craziness of the world.
I bring it inside in the winter and it sits in our living room, draped with an old quilt. It brings warmth and coziness to the room.
I'm the mother of three grown children, and I have a son-in-law and two daughters-in-law who are gifts from God. I've been married to The Husband God Gave Me (THGGM) for 38 years. On January 1, 2006 I became "Beppe" to Jonge, who was quickly followed by Famke, Kado, Feintsje, Hertsje, and Broeder. They have real names, but these are what I call them on this blog. I've always been boring and I doubt that will change anytime soon. Because.., well.., I'm dreadfully GOOD at it!
2 comments:
I have a new wicker chair that I put on my front steps ... it is an uncovered area, so it quickly has aged and become quite old and primitive looking. It's rather comfortable, welcoming, shabby -and just looking at it brings me a sense of peace and rest - a welcome to our home, our haven away from the craziness of the world.
I bring it inside in the winter and it sits in our living room, draped with an old quilt. It brings warmth and coziness to the room.
I really like wicker. THGGM has done great finding it at the flea market - for excellent prices, too!
Post a Comment