
I just LOVE this little picture!
Across the back of the house is a kitchen, a dining area and a cozy seating area with a fireplace.
This is where I first sat to read two of my favorite stories of all time, from a book of short stories I found on those shelves, many years ago.
"The Old Neighborhood" and "The Jilting of Granny Weatherall".
"The Old Neighborhood" and "The Jilting of Granny Weatherall". More beautiful Dutch treasures line the mantel. I think the egg wreath is so pretty! My aunt and uncle raised chickens for awhile.

They also had apple trees. We had one apple tree once. Beautiful in the spring, messy the rest of the year. I love the colorful pods! Of course, I have some now also.

I'm crazy about how those candles look hanging on the quilt bar. Something about all that color...
Oh, and notice THGGM, resting. The poor man caught a cold the night before we left. He can be found in MANY pictures in just that position.
Not sure if that was because of the cold, or because of how cozy of a place my aunt and uncle's home is!


No comments:
Post a Comment