Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Corners of My Aunt's Home, 12

All of these pictures are from the west living room wall.




This wall's major focal points are the beautiful quilt, a hall tree which was originally in my aunt's (and my mom's) childhood home, and a white shelf filled with treasure.















The hall tree seat has another ivory inlaid tray from India. This was before the use of ivory was prohibited. The 'other' sister of my mom and my aunt was a missionary in India.





Notice the sailboat picture above the white shelf. My uncle took this picture while they were traveling in The Netherlands. I wish I had gotten a better picture of the picture, as it is really beautiful!


See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. I remember these monkeys from my grandma's house.
I once saw a group of four. The fourth one said 'have no fun'!





No comments: