Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Corners of My Aunt's Home, 2


This is the view from one of three windows in the downstairs bedroom.
It was a WINDY and rainy day, yet that farm across the street still looks beautiful!
This window is by a dresser, and the pictures in this post are all on or about that dresser.

A beautiful button frame holds a tiny picture of the 'other' sister and her husband.
My addictive love of embroidery, footed glassware holding jewelry, buttons and old pictures gets a 'fix' whenever I am here!


This doll seems to exist just to wear jewelry.
I haven't been able to get any of my dolls to cooperate. I tried it once with a rag doll, and found her later, slumped over.
Notice this doll is wearing a Santa Claus pin from Wurzburg's.



Another beautiful cup. This one holding manicure implements.


This is a celuloid dresser set.
Notice the small jar on the left. It is a 'salt dip' with a cover from an old Avon pin (soon, one just like it will appear in my home, as i have that pin...somewhere!).
And, on the right, a teeny tiny glass cup - holding teeny tiny buttons!
Add Image






This is a picture taken into the mirror that hangs over the dresser.
I love the glass bead swag draped around it.
I also love that woman in the mirror!
That's my mom. Not too long after she 'went missing' and I aged 10 years. The picture to the right is of my aunt and uncle's five grandchildren.






No comments: