Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Corners of My Aunt's Home, 3


Right around this corner is the entrance to the downstairs bedroom.
My dad and mom slept here.
Notice that I am not the only one who likes those small Dutch plaque thingies?
If I remember correctly, one of my cousins painted the interesting canvas in the hallway. I LOVE it!

The shelf was a 'new' addition this year.
Everything on it blends so well together!


Isn't she cute?
You can tell she is Dutch,
busy, busy, busy!

The small picture is a Mary Cassatt.
Children's blocks are something else I cannot resist







The 'Sun Bonnet Girls' vase is gorgeous!
Silhouettes have their own certain charm also. I have a string can just like the one on her shelf!








Could anything be cuter than a 'Cosy Corner Picture Book'? I think not!
Well, accept for the tiny picture of her granddaughter Sarah.



A wooden plaque of little Dutch boys playing 'crack the whip'. Notice how the boy on the end has lost his wooden shoe!
I like Dutch boys so much that I married one!






No comments: