
THGGM had a vacation day today. I found this old picnic basket at an antique store just a mile or so away from us. It was on sale.
It has a cool basket that fits on the top, which is actually the reason I bought it. I thought it was spectacularly cool.
Picnic baskets are SO useful! This one is number seven in my collection. One was a wedding present, the others I found for really cheap.

The wedding present one holds boxes of cereal on top of the refrigerator, an idea I copied from my cousin, who kept chips and things in hers.
The one I bought today has been put to use for all of my crochet needs.
Notice how the tableware holders hold the crochet hooks so well?

I have it in my sewing corner. The white picnic basket has all of my pin making stuff in it.
i took the neat little basket out and stacked that too, to hold pieces of fabric while I decide what to do with it.
What do I use the other four picnic baskets for, you might wonder (you need more to do!)?
One holds stamp projects, one I decoupaged and it now holds decoupage scraps, one holds the past seven years worth of tax stuff, and one...I can see it from here, but I don't have a clue what is in it. I'll check later.
The really weird thing is, if I were to go on a picnic, I would not dream of using one of these.

No comments:
Post a Comment