Sunday, February 05, 2006

That Space Between the Doorways

I like how the light plays off the china. There is sort of a rose theme going on here. Roses tied together with raffia on the mirror, roses and baby's breath in the larger of the pitchers, roses on the china bowls on the shelf, roses in the brides hands, and roses on the book of poems.

I started collecting the little pitchers - I thought they would be fun to have for syrup at each place setting. I did that once. I do use the large stoneware platters quite a bit. The pitchers in front of the mirror have cinnamon candles in them. Most of them were under a dollar at thrift stores. They are getting harder to find. I found the lace scarf for 25 cents at a thrift store that is usually over priced.





I also like how the mirror reflects my writing desk. Not that I write at it, but I COULD. Whenever I can, I like to draw something out of a picture. I like the chalkware 1940's bride and groom figurine, standing in front of Oldest Son's and Daughter-in-law's lovely wedding picture.




No comments: