Obviously, I have a fondness for Dutch stuff.The Dutch shakers are my favorites! The pair hangs from a cabinet in my kitchen, and the single blue one hangs on my back porch/laundry room, which also houses my cobalt blue collection.


This green and lavendar shaker is part of a pair, which hang together on a metal shelf in my living room. What, you don't see the other one?
Well, they had gotten dusty, so I vacuumed them!
I lost the fringe on one of them.
This pair is only about the size of my thumb. I think they are charming!

I don't know anybody who likes this yellow head.
Except for me.
I think she is wonderful!
I'd love to find her a 'man'.
I recently saw a pair of these in a local antique mall, but they were brightly colored and expensive!
Mine was not.

This one hangs on another cabinet in my kitchen. The doors are both usually open, so I don't really see it much.
This one has a chip in it, but it's on the other side.
I would really like to find some dog shakers, and I'm always on the look out for more Dutch shakers.
They are really easy to make. The only hard part is threading the thin wire through the shaker holes and out the bottom.
Try it sometime!

No comments:
Post a Comment