Friday, July 21, 2006

Bathroom Views

I found the white shelf at the thrift store for $5.oo. I didn't buy it right away. I thought about it, and went back for it the next day. By then it was down to $3.00. I got it home, and couldn't find a place to put it! So, today, I hit on the idea to tuck it into a corner in the bathroom.














This is the mirror that used to hang in the dining room at THGGM's grandparent's house long ago.

I cannot use mirrors that hang over counters, as I am nearly blind without my glasses.

This mirror is always covered with nose prints from me.

Not that you wanted to know this.
I moved most of my cobalt blue stuff to the back porch/laundry room were the rest of the cobalt blue now resides.

So, I found a few more of my pastel planters to add to the mix.

We're sort of stuck with a blue theme, as the sink is blue.

Blue is my favorite color, so I'm okay with that.




THGGM found these three prints in an antique mall in Lake Odessa a few years ago. He bought them right off the wall of their bathroom.

The curtain rod branch was a prop for a sermon illustration from a few years ago.

You know me, can't stand to throw away good stuff. I'd actually thought we'd burn it, but it does make a nice rod. Which I believe is what it was. Moses' rod.

It's now not only holding up the crewel embroidery 'valance', but is holding the white shelf in place.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, since blue is your favorite color, it proves what good taste you have!! It is mine as well! HA! I had a certain blue dress I made in college and I wore it for test days...my scores always were best those days...funny thing about color!! I really do think I ought to wear blue more often!!

Judy said...

I had a blue and white gingham polyester dress my mom made for me. I LOVED that dress!

I wore it all the time. Until THGGM, who was then TBFGGM asked me to please stop!

If I like something, I see no reason to replace it with something else. Apparently, that isn't his theory!