If just for fun you want to start collecting something, start with spoons!I bought this spoon rack in a little shop in Long Grove, IL when I was in high school.
I remember paying $8.95 for it. It was very dark, and the spoons didn't show up very well so I spray painted it white. Now the spoons show up VERY well.
The third spoon from the right in the top row is my baby spoon. It has a picture of the Gerber baby on it, presently hanging upside down, which looks somewhat sad. I saw an identical spoon at an antique mall Saturday for $9.95.
I remember sneaking this spoon out of the drawer when I was a very very little girl and using it to eat dirt next to my house. The dirt were the myrtle grew, I remember, was the best. I even remember what it tasted like. And, my mother's horror at finding me doing this.
I've no idea why I am tell this story. I just remembered it when I saw that spoon on Saturday. Not when I see my spoon everyday hanging next to the washing machine on the back porch.

No comments:
Post a Comment