

I got this Dutch picture for my birthday several years back. I will always remember that we got it at the antique mall in Greenville. I walked through there with great fear and trepidation as once, when THGGM and I were in there, a high shelf collapsed sending irreplaceable treasures to the trash heap. And the sound of it all - unbelievable. THGGM moved this picture from our bedroom to the living room. I like it here. As far as Dutch pictures go, this one is a happy one. In some of them, it's so gloomy you just have to wonder why they didn't all just let the sea rush in.
Anyway...the frame has some damage. It had a little bit when I got it, but I was able to do some handy repairs to it. But, when handy repairs will no longer do, it's nice to drape some fake flowers over the worst spot. Well...I think it's nice.
Oh, and the top shot. Isn't that cool? I held up my handy-dandy digital camera until the flash hit directly on the spot in the picture where the sun is setting. Occasionally, I impress myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment